Over 80 percent of carpet oasis booked
Dubai Customs, Ports and Free Trade Zone Corporation, has reported that 80 percent of the space within the Carpet Oasis has been booked within the first week of registrations. Carpet Oasis, in the eighth year of existence, is one of the attractions of Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF).
The Carpet Oasis Committee convened a meeting last week to review the preparations to host the annual event. The meeting discussed measures to develop and promote the exhibition at a regional and international level. Registration for the rest of the spaces is still open.
Dubai Customs has been organizing the Carpet Oasis every year since the start of DSF. For retailers of handmade carpets, it has become an important event to exhibit and sell exquisite carpets to carpet lovers from the Middle East and Europe. The biggest collections of woven silk and wool carpets from Iran, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Turkey and Central Asia would be available at Carpet Oasis 2003. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai Customs organize “Carpets & Arts Oasis” during the Dubai Shopping Festival
- SWISS’ regional seat load factor reaches over 80 percent in 1H 2002
- Israeli official: Over 80 percent of Bedouins support Prawer Plan
- Oasis Leasing’s revenues up 27 percent
- Over 50 hotels booked for Dubai 2003 Annual Meetings