Industry in Palestine slows down
Manufacturing took dropped in Palestine in a worrying sign for the economy
The overall Quantity of Industrial Production Index (IPI) in the Palestinian Territory reached 109.09 in August of 2012, registering a decrease of 6.25% compared to the previous month, Thursday said a press release by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
Quantity of IPI for August decreased due to the decrease in the manufacturing industry, which has a share of 80.56% from the total industry, by 13.68% compared to the previous month.
Mining and quarrying industry decreased in August compared to July by 5.88%, forming a share of 4.59% of the total industry, while the water supply and electricity industry, which has a share of 14.85% of the total industry, increased by 27.01% during the same period, added PCBS.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?