Industry in Palestine slows down
Manufacturing took dropped in Palestine in a worrying sign for the economy
The overall Quantity of Industrial Production Index (IPI) in the Palestinian Territory reached 109.09 in August of 2012, registering a decrease of 6.25% compared to the previous month, Thursday said a press release by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
Quantity of IPI for August decreased due to the decrease in the manufacturing industry, which has a share of 80.56% from the total industry, by 13.68% compared to the previous month.
Mining and quarrying industry decreased in August compared to July by 5.88%, forming a share of 4.59% of the total industry, while the water supply and electricity industry, which has a share of 14.85% of the total industry, increased by 27.01% during the same period, added PCBS.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow