Health sector workers in Palestine to strike
Health sector [workers in Palestine] announced a one-day strike on Thursday, said head of the health syndicate, Osama Al-Najar, on Sunday.
He told WAFA the strike is going to be only for one day because there are foreign medical delegations coming to Palestine to operate critical surgeries on patients, in addition that the Health ministry is committed to some programs with international medical teams.
He added if the government did not meet the demands of the employees, such as paying the monthly salaries, the work will be limited to one day only next week.
He called on the government to commit to its program, including paying the salaries on time, so that the medical teams can provide health services to the patients.
- What legal authority, though? Egypt resorts to private firms for campus security
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms