Palestinian deficit in current account hits almost $421 million
The Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS) and Palestinian Monetary Authority (PMA) stated that the deficit in current account amounted to 420,8 Million US$.
In a press realese issued Wednesday about initial results of the Palestinian Balance of Payments - 2003, PCBS and PMA said that "The Deficit in the current account amounted to 420.8 Million US$, (11.9.% of the Gross Domestic Production (GDP) comparing with year 2002, because of the surplus in current transfers which amounted to 1,420,5 Million US, while the trade balance goods amounted to 1,397.7 Million US (39.7%. of the GDP)."
- Deficit in current account amounts to about 13% of Palestinian GDP
- IMF expects Jordan's inflation to hit almost six per cent
- The time has come: Saudi Arabia to borrow to finance soaring deficit
- PA: deficit in current account amounts to $1,281.8 million
- Current Economic State of the Palestinian Authority