Palestinian Stone and Marble industry to establish distribution channels in the UAE
PalTrade, the Palestinian Trade Center, in cooperation with the Union of Stone and Marble, have announced that plans to establish distribution channels in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to cater to the needs of the construction sector in the country, as well as other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
Palestinian firm Al-Somoud announced plans at the Big 5 Show to set up a network of showrooms in the Gulf region. Specializing in large sized stone slabs, the company owns one of the largest stone quarries in the Palestine Authority.
Nassar Investment Company, also exhibiting at the Big 5 Show, has already supplied Jerusalem stone to a series of landmark projects. One of its major projects in the US was the San Diego Airport, to which it supplied golden Jerusalem marble. In the UAE, it is providing marble for the interior cladding of Marina residential towers, six of which have already been completed and 66 are yet to be built, as well as the Burjuman Extension currently under construction.
The Palestinian Pavilion at the Big 5 Show had encouraging responses for its specialty stone products, including mosaics made in traditional patterns, as well as stone cutting tools used in the industry. Besides the proposed distribution network, PalTrade is also expected to set up a marble and stone reserve facility in Jordan to ensure continuous and timely availability of its products. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Glaze Granite & Marble Trading selects Epicor ERP version 10 to boost business performance
- Malaysian firm to establish distribution center in Iran
- 23% annual growth in GCC’s hotel and serviced apartment projects boosts demand for carpets and floor coverings
- Stone Industry under Big 5 show spotlight
- Carpets and flooring market gets long-term boost as Egypt eyes to push construction spend to USD 7.3 billion by 2015