Passenger traffic in May 2010 up by 12.2% at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) today released its monthly traffic report, which showed a 12.2% increase in passenger traffic for the month of May 2010, compared to the same month last year. Cargo movements showed a strong 19.4% increase for the same period, while the airport recorded a 12.4% lift in aircraft movements.
The top five destinations together recorded a passenger total of 159,609, or 19.2% of all passengers travelling through Abu Dhabi International Airport. Manila took the top spot for the first time, followed by London in second place and Doha in third. Bangkok, affected by the recent political unrest, dropped to fourth place, leaving Bahrain in fifth place.
Ahmed Al Haddabi, Senior Vice President of Airport Operations, ADAC, said: “We continue to see double digit growth at Abu Dhabi International Airport affected mainly by the increase of traffic to major regions, where North America becomes the number one region with a growth of 104% in May 2010 compared with its profile of the same period last year. Africa comes in second with 58% increase and Europe takes the third place with 16% increase, while Far East came in fourth with 13% increase and Middle East and Indian Subcontinent both came in 5th with 12% increase. We do expect such growth to continue as we continue to add new routes and airlines to Abu Dhabi international.”
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- More people prefer Dubai Metro to car
- And things just got fiercer: British Airways' plans to take over Middle Eastern markets
- The business behind the politics: Why Syria's new Kinda airline has "high" expectations for Geneva peace talks
- No, Yemen, this US drone is full of...Amazon packages? Website announces new shipping plan for 2015
- April passenger traffic up by +10% at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Abu Dhabi maintains double digit passenger growth in January despite global slow down
- Over 5.2 million passengers used Abu Dhabi International Airport, 14% up
- Abu Dhabi International Airport sees traffic growth in February
- Passenger growth up 38.6% at Abu Dhabi Airport in H1 2008