Passenger traffic in May 2010 up by 12.2% at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) today released its monthly traffic report, which showed a 12.2% increase in passenger traffic for the month of May 2010, compared to the same month last year. Cargo movements showed a strong 19.4% increase for the same period, while the airport recorded a 12.4% lift in aircraft movements.
The top five destinations together recorded a passenger total of 159,609, or 19.2% of all passengers travelling through Abu Dhabi International Airport. Manila took the top spot for the first time, followed by London in second place and Doha in third. Bangkok, affected by the recent political unrest, dropped to fourth place, leaving Bahrain in fifth place.
Ahmed Al Haddabi, Senior Vice President of Airport Operations, ADAC, said: “We continue to see double digit growth at Abu Dhabi International Airport affected mainly by the increase of traffic to major regions, where North America becomes the number one region with a growth of 104% in May 2010 compared with its profile of the same period last year. Africa comes in second with 58% increase and Europe takes the third place with 16% increase, while Far East came in fourth with 13% increase and Middle East and Indian Subcontinent both came in 5th with 12% increase. We do expect such growth to continue as we continue to add new routes and airlines to Abu Dhabi international.”
- Qatar seals $7.02 billion deal for French Rafale fighter jets
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- Open skies vs. closed economies: American aviation giants split over competing with Gulf airlines
- The sky is the limit: has the time come for air traffic control in the GCC?
- Abu Dhabi International Airport posts 15.6% increase in February 2014 passenger traffic
- Increase of 12 Percent in Bahrain’s Passenger Traffic
- May sees 14% passenger growth at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Abu Dhabi International Airport reports 12% rise In passenger traffic
- February passenger traffic up 17.2% at Abu Dhabi International Airport