Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 16 percent in August
Passenger traffic at Beirut International Airport (BIA) increased by 16.7 percent in August 2003 compared to figures from the same period last year. Some 419,000 air travelers passed through the airport last month, reported Blominvest Bank.
The airport’s traffic for the for the first eight months of 2003 reached 1.89 million visitors, up from 1.78 million in during the same period in 2002. Travelers destined for Lebanon accounted for 41 percent of the total travelers.
BIA is considered one of the most modern airports in the region, which offers its services to about 40 foreign airline companies. The airport is located three miles south of Beirut. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 37 percent in July
- Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 7.2 percent in May
- Emirates' passenger traffic up 27 percent in August
- Gulf Air records 18 percent passenger traffic increase in August 2003
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up by 6.2 percent in H1