Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 37 percent in July
The Beirut International Airport (BIA) received 310,164 passengers in July, a 37 percent increase compared to passenger traffic in June and 3.8 percent higher than traffic during the same month last year, reported Blominvest.
Travelers destined for Lebanon accounted for 56 percent of total travelers in July 2002 compared to 60 percent in June. The airport received 1.42 million passengers in the first seven months of the year, unchanged from last year’s passenger.
BIA is considered one of the most modern airports in the region, which offers its services to about 40 foreign airline companies. The airport is located three miles south of Beirut. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 16 percent in August
- Passenger traffic through Beirut airport up 7.2 percent in May
- Port of Beirut sees 4.5 percent revenue drop in 1H 2002
- Oman’s Seeb Airport’s passenger movement down 11 percent
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up 12% in 3Q 2003