Dive in and invest in personal reefs Dubai-shore
Got a beachfront UAE pad and can’t decide how to spend your next million? An Australian company visiting Dubai this week thinks it’s got the answer – a personalised coral reef, designed in the shape of your company logo or favourite celeb.
Ryan Paik, executive director of artificial reef firm the Haejoo Group, says for $1 million-plus, the UAE’s super-rich can build their very own Lost City of Atlantis.
The Aussie firm currently works across Oz and Asia but speaking to 7DAYS at a Dubai fishery and agriculture show, said it is keen to dip its toes in UAE waters.
“We would be very keen to work with any clients in the UAE, be that governments, private individuals, celebrities – anyone,” said Paik.
If you fancy a statue of Tom Cruise climbing the Burj Khalifa or your very own mini-Palm Jumeirah, your luck could be in.
Paik said: “We can come up with any unique design that represents the individual, celebrity or company’s interests or signature – and can even put a logo on an artificial reef, so the fish can swim in and out of it.”
- Good news for Dubai's real estate as deals boosted by $31 billion
- Sale prices in Abu Dhabi's residential property sector up by 17 percent in H1
- Unholy spending? Luxury leasing options on the rise in Mecca
- Ajman: a viable, more affordable property market?
- Putting things in perspective: how many apartments in the Middle East can Ronaldo buy with his World Cup salary?