Peruvian expert on capitalism to meet regional government ministers
Hernando De Soto dubbed by some as the world’s leading voice on capitalism, will join an early debate on the role of governance at the upcoming Dubai Strategy Forum, scheduled for October 28-30 2002 in Dubai.
The potentially buoyant debate, possibly the first time the need for a shake-up in the style of governance that prevails across the region is discussed on a public stage, sees De Soto head-to-head with government ministers, including Pakistan’s Minister of Finance, Shaukat Aziz.
De Soto has served at executive committee level and at the helm of many leading corporations, such as Swiss Bank, Peru’s General Reserve Bank and the General Agreement for Tariffs and Trade (GATT).
Looking at participation at the Forum, the meeting has already attracted the attention of leading brands, who have committed their support as Organizing Partners. These are Dubai Media City, the rapidly emerging global media hub, Enoc, a leader in upstream and downstream activities in the oil and gas sector, Emirates, the UAE’s national airline, the GCC’s leading English newspaper, Gulf News; National Bank of Dubai, Dubai’s national bank and PricewaterhouseCoopers, the international firm of auditors and business advisors. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- World experts meet in Dubai to discuss means to improve MENA corporate governance
- Jordan needs national media, not ‘government mouthpieces’: experts
- PricewaterhouseCoopers leaders meet with Kuwait Finance Minister to discuss public sector finance
- International experts will meet in Riyadh to discuss alternative sources of finance at Euromoney Saudi Arabia 2011
- GCC Ministers of Planning and Development call for joint action to address region’s concerns and boost growth