Leading Dubai firm awarded Petrofac contract
Dubai-based Specialist Services has won a contract from Petrofac, a leading international service provider to the oil and gas industry, to provide local equipment rooms (LER) and local control rooms (LCR) buildings for the its Upper Zakum 750 Island Surface Facilities Project (EPC 2).
A global supplier of modular buildings and packaging solutions for the oil and gas and utility industries, the Specialist Services said the project win follows a previous award for the same development by Leighton Offshore for the islands harbour house buildings.
The scope of work includes detailed design, engineering, fabrication, commissioning and load-out of the 12 modules with total built-up weight of 8,170 tons, said the Dubai company in a statement.
All buildings will be fabricated and loaded out from Specialist Services waterfront facility in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, the company added.
Petrofac Emirates' operation in Abu Dhabi, in consortium with Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, has a contract for engineering, procurement, construction, transportation and commissioning of island surface facilities on four artificial islands with the Zakum Development Company (ZADCO) for their UZ 750 field development project in Abu Dhabi, it said.
Petrofac said it has subcontracted to Specialist Services the provision of LERs and LCRs. All buildings will be installed on the Abu Dhabi ZADCO Upper Zakum Offshore Field located 84 km from Abu Dhabi.
Chris Ridley, the group sales and marketing director at Specialist Services Group said: “This is a very large and demanding project that we are proud to have been selected to execute. Our unique capabilities in terms of our in house engineering, strong project management, in house fabrication and ideally located waterfront facilities ensured we were viewed by Petrofac as the ideal partner to complete this complex project.”
The Specialist Services scope includes structural, architectural, electrical, HVAC and fire & gas works, as well as the installation of all client free issue electrical and control equipment including interconnection and FAT in Specialist Services facility. A dedicated project management team has been appointed for the execution of the project.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Revealed: the top real estate tycoons in the ME
- GE Oil & Gas Awarded US$100M Contract by Petrofac for El Merk Project in Algeria
- GE Oil & Gas Awarded $100M Contract by Petrofac for El Merk Project in Algeria
- Petrofac wins US$1 billion contract with Petroleum Development Oman
- DAMAC Properties Awards more than AED 1.2 Billion Construction Contracts in 2015