Petrofac selected to negotiate Syria contract
Canada and Occidental Petroleum Corporation have been notified by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources of Syria that the group has been selected to negotiate the terms of a Production Sharing Contract to develop the Middle Area Gas fields in central Syria. Negotiations will commence shortly.
The project will entail the appraisal and evelopment of up to 15 gas fields and the construction of two gas treatment and separation plants one situated east of Homs and the other southeast of Aleppo.
Petrofac is a surface facilities solutions provider serving the oil production, oil refining, natural gas and petrochemical industries. Petrofac¹s capabilities include process design, detailed engineering, project management, worldwide procurement, fabrication and assembly of process modules, construction, commissioning and operation of most types of process plants.
Petrofac has three main operating centers in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Woking, England and Aberdeen, Scotland and a network of support offices in the Middle East, Far East, Africa, Former Soviet Union, Indian Sub-Continent and Latin America. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Petro-Canada selected to negotiate Syrian gas development project
- Kuwait: Petrofac awarded US$543 million lump-sum contract
- Stratic Energy acquires Petrofac’s Syrian exploration rights
- Stratic and Petrofac announce strategic alliance in exploration opportunities in Syria and Algeria
- Petrofac awarded gas compression project worth more than US$350 million