Philippine Airlines in code-share pact with Gulf Air
(AFP, MANILA) - Flag-carrier Philippine Airlines announced Tuesday it had begun a code-share service with Gulf Air between Manila and Abu Dhabi.
The code-share agreement became operational on July 15, and gave PAL seat and cargo allocations on each of Gulf Air's two non-stop flights a week between the capitals of the Philippines and the United Arab Emirates.
The service is marketed and sold in the Phiilppines and the UAE, giving PAL a presence in the Abu Dhabi market after an absence of three years, a PAL statement said.
It also expands PAL's network in the Middle East, which is home to more than half a million Filipino overseas workers, the statement said.
Gulf Air is the sixth international airline to strike a code-share agreement with PAL. The others are Egypt Air, Malaysia Airlines, Emirates, Kuwaiti Airways and Lufthansa Airlines
© Agence France Presse 2000
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Gulf Air and Philippine airlines sign agreement
- Gulf Air and Olympic Airways sign MoU on direct daily flights to Australia
- Gulf Air, Saudi Airlines enter code share agreement on Katmandu operations
- Gulf Air, Saudi Arabian Airlines start joint operations to Katmandu
- American Airlines adds Middle East points through SWISS code-share