Philips consumer electronics reports triple-digit sales growth in UAE for 2003
Royal Philips Electronics reported a double and triple-digit sales growth across its consumer electronics product lines in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The highest growth in sales between 2002 and 2003 was recorded in Plasma televisions, which registered a 260 percent increase.
Home theatre-in-a-box sales grew by 185 percent year on year, while projection TV sales were up 76 percent, stated a press release. DVD sales grew by nearly as much, recording a 71 percent jump in sales from the previous year, while DVD recorder sales climbed 38 percent. The 29 and 34-inch up-market TVs grew by a full 26 percent.
Philips is a supplier of color television sets, lighting, electric shavers, medical diagnostic imaging and patient monitoring, and one-chip TV products. Its 164,000 employees in more than 60 countries are active in the areas of lighting, consumer electronics, domestic appliances, components, semiconductors, and medical systems. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE electronics retailer reports 65 percent sales increase in 2Q 2003
- Philips reports first-quarter sales of EUR 5.6 billion; EBITA of EUR 552 million
- philips reports growth in sales and ebita
- Tejari reports record growth in 2003
- Philips to further strengthen consumer electronics business in Middle East