The first edition of Dubai Public Library saw the light of day in 1963. Located in Al Ras overlooking the banks of Khor Dubai, it ushered in a fresh wave of culture and knowledge in the city.
Dubai Public Library pays tribute to His Highness Sheikh Zayed with cultural and educational activities
The Dubai Public Library, owned by the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), the Emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage, marked the seventh anniversary of the passing of His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the former and founding President of the UAE, with an array of cultural and educational activities held across the various libraries.
The activities included competitions, questions and answer sessions with presentations and videos, as well as a display of books featuring the life and times of His Highness Sheikh Zayed. The cultural and educational activities were held at Al Safa Library, Hatta Public Library, Al Twar Public Library, Al Rashidiya Public Library, Hor Al Anz Public Library, and Umm Suqeim E-Library.
- Dubai Culture to host Dubai Public Library’s 50th Anniversary on December 22
- Dubai Public Library Reaches Out to Senior Citizens with CDA’s ‘Thuker’ Initiative
- Dubai Public Library’s huge ‘book’ displays
- Dubai Public Library commemorates UAE’s visionaries with various activities on Accession Day
- His Highness Sheikh Majid inaugurates cultural centres at public schools to promote student awareness of Emirati heritage