The first edition of Dubai Public Library saw the light of day in 1963. Located in Al Ras overlooking the banks of Khor Dubai, it ushered in a fresh wave of culture and knowledge in the city.
Dubai Public Library’s Summer Programme records overwhelming response from community members
The Dubai Public Library (DPL), owned and managed by the Dubai Culture & Arts authority (Dubai Culture), the Emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage, has recorded overwhelming response from community members for its annual summer activities programme.
Held under the theme ‘Our Summer is Arts & Culture,’ the summer programme featured an extensive line-up of educational and creative activities for children aged 6 to 12 years, at Al Safa Public Library, Al Mankhool Public Library, Al Rashidiya Public Library, Al Twar Public Library, and Hatta Public Library.
In all, DPL hosted over 250 workshops over the course of four weeks, recording amongst the highest registrations to date. The workshops covered four main subjects include arts and crafts, Islamic lessons, and personality and self-development, and also help to strengthen the Emirati national identity, while providing children with the key skills that are required later on in life.
The summer programme culminated with the raffle draw, where Bayan Abdulrazaq and Ali Abduqader, won an iPad Mini each, courtesy of Dubai Public Library.
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- The Dubai Public Library's annual summer programme ‘our Summer is Arts & Culture’ records strong interest from the community
- Dubai Public Library’s summer programme to nurture children’s social and personal skills
- Dubai Public Library unveils educational programmes for children this summer
- Over 2,000 Children Register for More than 70 Activities under Dubai Public Library’s ‘Alwan Spring Programme’
- Kalimat and du host engaging and interactive summer reading sessions