As the industry moves into the internet era of television and undergoes a period of unprecedented disruptive transformation, the traditional media value chain is evolving into a new dynamic ecosystem. At the center of this new world is the consumer, who is driving forward huge change through their continually rising expectations of what today’s TV experience should be.
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will reveal at IBC 2015 how it is enabling its customers to meet this new agenda head-on with the debut of new solutions that have been built to ensure consumer satisfaction and delight. The company will show how this is achieved through the delivery of seamless experiences, personalized discovery, immersive content and constantly evolving services.
Ericsson will extend its leadership in software defined video processing with specific launches and announcements as well as highlighting how cloud-enabled architectures are being leveraged throughout a growing number of its solutions. It will demonstrate the benefits of portfolio integration across its TV and media business, enabled by the company’s pro-active acquisition of leading companies in the industry.
The company’s booth (#1.D61) will showcase the following:
- Solutions for media enrichment which maximize the value of programming for rights holders and broadcasters, including immersive sports graphics, and portfolio updates around live captioning and metadata.
- Ericsson’s media processing portfolio which delivers ultimate flexibility, quality and efficiency in media management, encoding, transporting and delivering video as well as new launches and announcements in advanced video processing and virtualization.
- Media publishing services including managed playout and information on new Ultra HD channel launches; alongside all back-office functionality for business processes, consumer authentication, billing and advanced viewer analytics to deliver TV Anywhere and OTT (over-the-top) services
- Media delivery solutions to cache, optimize, store, process and edge-optimize video delivery in both fixed and mobile IP networks as well as new product updates around cloud DVR and VOD (video on demand).
- Media capabilities to offer truly differentiated consumer experiences including updates to Ericsson’s TV platforms and content discovery and personalization.
- Media insights and expertise including findings from the company’s recently published ConsumerLab TV & Media report, its Media Vision 2020 and for the first time, an on-booth live studio, presenting ask-the-expert sessions with senior Ericsson spokespeople.
Elisabetta Romano, newly-appointed Vice President and Head of TV and Media at Ericsson says: “We are proud to be have been instrumental in helping our industry evolve towards the internet era of TV where television and video will be more persistent, connected and personalized. As we move towards the Networked Society, the connected consumer will dictate the industry agenda, making it critical for our customers to focus on constant service innovation to ensure customer loyalty. At IBC 2015, Ericsson will show how it is uniquely enabling its customers to address the challenges of a rapidly changing landscape with its winning combination of consumer insights, industry-leading portfolio and global transformation services.”