Today, Norton by Symantec released the latest version of its flagship mobile offering, Norton Mobile Security. The new Norton Mobile Security delivers powerful protection for consumers’ mobile needs, including support for iOS devices, contacts backup and an improved user experience.
Mobile phones are an integral part of consumers’ lives, with two-thirds of adults worldwide reporting they use a mobile device to access the Internet. However, one in three mobile device users have had a device lost or stolen, putting their sensitive information at risk. Norton Mobile Security helps consumers keep their device secure, recover a lost or stolen device and prevent strangers from accessing their information.
“It’s no secret that people are using mobile devices more than ever in their daily lives, for everything from connecting with friends to paying for a cup of coffee,” said Dave Cole, vice president, product management, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec Corporation. “Your phone may not just be your phone – it may be your wallet, identity card, address book and family photo album. As we use our phones in new ways, we’re also putting sensitive information at risk if the device gets lost or stolen. With the latest version of Norton Mobile Security, we are making it simple for people to stay protected on whichever device they choose.”
Norton Mobile Security offersnew and improved features including:
- Multi-Device, Multi-Platform Support: Now protects a consumer’s multiple devices, including Android smartphones and tablets, as well as iPhones and iPads.
- Contacts Backup & Restore: Saves contacts from a user’s Androidor iOS device so that they can be easily restored if lost or deleted. Contacts can also be restoredacross devices.
- Web-Based Management: Lets consumers control the security of their devices with simplicity and ease, from one convenient place on the Web.
- “Scream” Alarm: Sets off an audible alarm so consumers can quickly find their missing Androidmobile device.
- Remote Locate: Pinpoints a lost or stolen device on a map so users can find it fast.
Pricing & Availability:
Norton Mobile Security has an MSRP of $29.99 and is available for purchase via various retailers, the Norton online store or Google Play.In addition, Norton 360 Multi-Device and Norton One will be updated with the features in the latest release of Norton Mobile Security. Norton customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model. For more information, visit the Norton Update center at http://updatecenter.norton.com. Consumers can visit mobilesecurity.norton.com to learn more and try Norton Mobile Security Lite for free.