Tamkeen today (Thursday Nov 21) presented its 2014 Operational Plan, which details Tamkeen's existing projects and future plans, to stakeholders, which included partners, government representatives, business owners, entrepreneurs, legislators and the media.
Tamkeen Chairman and Acting Chief Executive H.E Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa delivered a keynote speech at the event in which he discussed Tamkeen's vision in the next stage and the aspects on which Tamkeen will focus on to realise its objectives and play a more effective role in the country's reform efforts. He also discussed Tamkeen's achievements so far and the general budget for Tamkeen projects in 2014.
In a press conference following the conclusion of the presentation, H.E Tamkeen Chairman and Acting Chief Executive Shaikh Mohammed said :” Tamkeen will continue to enhance its role and contributions towards the private sector and providing it with the services that it needs, and we will continue to focus on pooling our efforts to supervise applications and limit exploitation, which will be implemented through our operational plan, which is a dynamic document that can be adjusted to match the constantly changing needs of the market”
Tamkeen projects and programmes for 2014 focus on three main aspects.
Firstly, quality enhancement through improved products, services, processes, and programme regulations, and secondly, customer focus through consultations, surveys, and customer satisfaction standards. And thirdly, a results oriented approach through improved performance follow-up and impact assessments.
Budgets of Tamkeen projects for 2014 were also detailed at the event. Expenses are expected to reach BD 98.3 million, 62% of which is allocated to projects in 2014, divided relatively equally between Human Capital Development and Private Sector Support. 20% of the budget will cover operational expenses while the remaining 18% will go toward unemployment insurance which Tamkeen pays on behalf of companies.
Total income is estimated to be BD 39.6 million, 55% of which are from work permit issue and renewal fees, and the remaining 45% from the monthly LMRA fees, which were changed this year to BD5 for the first 5 non-Bahraini employees.
Yousif Ali, Senior Manager - Customer Engagement Support Senior Manager, detailed the various programmes included in the operational plan and the steps that will be taken to provide better services to customers.
Mr. Ali discussed two types of support programmes: Human Capital Development programmes, which includes work ethics and corporate culture, employability and short-term internships, career guidance, youth capacity building, support for existing workforce, support for market entrants, customized employment, and apprenticeship programmes; and Private Sector Support programmes, which include business financing, support for startups, support for investments, and promotion of businesses in Bahrain.
At the end of the presentation, which was attended by around 420 people, Tamkeen management answered audience questions and collected their feedback on its programmes and the 2014 Operational Plan.
Prior to the event, Tamkeen held several consultation workshops with the public at the beginning of October. The results of those consultations were incorporated into the operational plan that was presented. The workshops were attended by business owners, experts, and representative of the private sector.
The Operational Plan for 2014 is available to the public on Tamkeen’s website (www.tamkeen.bh).