The Address Hotels + Resorts, the five star premium hotel brand launched by Emaar Hospitality Group sets an all-new definition for global standards of luxury. Creating a distinct positioning with the brand philosophy of ‘Where Life Happens’, The Address properties are situated in the most vibrant locations and target corporate, leisure and group travellers – particularly the international jetsetters and global high achievers who value personalised luxury.
The Address Downtown Dubai clinches 33 awards at Emirates Salon Culinaire 2013
The Address Downtown Dubai, the flagship property under The Address Hotels + Resorts, clinched 33 awards at the Emirates Salon Culinaire 2013 (ESC), a series of practical and display-based culinary competitions, organised by the Emirates Culinary Guild (ECG).
Held in conjunction with Gulfood 2013, the world’s largest food & hospitality show, the Emirates Salon Culinaire hosted an array of competitions aimed at differentiating the skillset of entrants across cooperative, gastronomic, and artistic execution in cooking. The ESC placed heavy emphasis on preparation of food, appearance and presentation, and timing.
The culinary team of The Address Downtown Dubai signed up for a total of 36 competitions, clinching 33 awards across the various categories, including 5 Gold, 15 Silver, and 13 Bronze awards.
Overall, Chef Mahesh Aruna, Chef de Partie of The Address Downtown Dubai’s main kitchen, clinched the title of the ‘Best Gastronomist,’ while Chef Hari Susanto, Commis Chef 1 in Fazaris and Zeta, was crowned the First Runner-up in the ‘Junior Chef of the Year’ Category, for professionals under the age of 24.
In 2012, The Address Downtown Dubai was awarded numerous culinary awards including the MLA Black Box Culinary Competition, Food Hotel Asia Awards, The Global Chef Challenge, and the GCC Anchor Master Chef Awards.
The Address Downtown Dubai, one of the city’s premium hotels, sets new trends in luxury hospitality, and is located in Downtown Dubai, described as ‘The Centre of Now,’ one of the most visited lifestyle destinations in the world. The 63-storey hotel offers 196 spacious and contemporary rooms, including 25 suites and 626 serviced residences with spectacular views of Burj Khalifa and The Old Town.
Home to an array of award-winning restaurants, The Address Downtown Dubai features Hukama, which boasts authentic Chinese cuisine with a contemporary twist; Fazaris, home to a cosmopolitan blend of Asian, Indian, Arabic, and Mediterranean cuisine; Calabar, the vibrant, Latin-inspired lounge that is home to renowned Friday Brunch; Neos, the striking lounge located on Level 63 of the hotel and offers panoramic views of Downtown Dubai; The Cigar Lounge, a timeless lounge located in Level 13; Zeta, the outdoor pool-side restaurant that offers exceptional views of The Dubai Fountain; Saha Café, the contemporary lake-side coffee shop; and Risala, the sophisticated lobby lounge.
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Who loses out? Jordan introduces visa restrictions at Aqaba-Eilat crossing
- Treat – The BurJuman World Food Fest 2013 opens with Sanjeev Kapoor’s Culinary Magic
- Fazaris at The Address Downtown Burj Dubai hosts multi-cuisine themed nights
- Emaar Properties records first-half 2013 net profit of AED 1.231 billion (US$ 335 million)
- The Address Downtown Dubai crowned GCC Anchor MasterChef for the second year running
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Chefs cook up a winning combination in the MLA Black Box Culinary Challenge 2006