The Address Hotels + Resorts, the five star premium hotel brand launched by Emaar Hospitality Group sets an all-new definition for global standards of luxury. Creating a distinct positioning with the brand philosophy of ‘Where Life Happens’, The Address properties are situated in the most vibrant locations and target corporate, leisure and group travellers – particularly the international jetsetters and global high achievers who value personalised luxury.
The Address Downtown Dubai hits sweet notes at Global Chefs Pastry Challenge
Achala Weerasinghe, Executive Pastry Chef at The Address Downtown Dubai, the flagship property under The Address Hotels + Resorts, the five-star brand of Emaar Hospitality Group, has emerged victorious in the global patisserie circuit, winning the semifinals of the Global Chefs Pastry Challenge organised by the World Association of Chefs Societies.
After winning the Middle East competition earlier this year, Achala was selected to represent the UAE in the elimination round held in Namibia.
For the semifinals, Achala was mandated with creating a ‘Chocolate Centrepiece,’ at a minimum height of 60cm, which had to be endorsed by the Executive Chef of the competitor; a Chocolate Cake weighing between 1.2 and 1.4 kilograms; and four identical portions of a dessert for an up-market restaurant, to complement a summer theme. He was given nine hours to prepare his submission.
As the winner for the Middle East and Africa region, Achala will go on to compete in the finals of the Global Chefs Pastry Challenge in July 2014, in Norway.
Dining at The Address offers an array of options with international cuisine prepared and served by top class chefs. The hotel pampers guests with several food and beverage choices each boasting an array of world-class desserts.
The Address Downtown Dubai, one of the city’s premium hotels, sets new trends in luxury hospitality. Located in Downtown Dubai, known as ’The Centre of Now’, and at 63 storeys, the hotel offers sweeping city views towards the iconic Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, and is walking distance from the globe’s largest, most exciting shopping destination – The Dubai Mall.
- Nshallah! Egypt tourism sector displays signs of recovery
- It's a roller coaster ride! MENA has great theme parks but no appropriate hotels to go with them. Why?
- Indefensible, in so many ways: Gaza War marked a blow to Israel's tourism this summer
- A healthy economy: is Dubai about to become the world's next hospital?
- Hajj in the time of Ebola: how Saudi Arabia plans to keep the epidemic out of Mecca
- The Address Downtown Dubai crowned GCC Anchor MasterChef for the second year running
- Emaar Hospitality Group appoints Philippe Georges Zuber as General Manager of The Address Downtown Dubai
- Emaar unveils iconic hotel, residence and serviced apartment towers, ‘The Address Residence Sky View,’ in Downtown Dubai
- The Address Downtown Dubai wins ‘Best Hotel in the World’ Award at Global Traveler Awards 2011
- Emaar strengthens Dubai’s hospitality sector with launch of ‘The Address The BLVD’ in Downtown Dubai