Pratt & Whitney Share of Yemen Airways Order Valued at $100 Million
Yemen Airways has awarded International Aero Engines (IAE) an order for V2500 engines to power 10 Airbus A320 aircraft. The agreement includes a long-term IAE aftermarket services agreement. The value to Pratt & Whitney of the order and aftermarket agreement is approximately $100 million. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. company and a major participant in IAE.
The agreement is for the latest V2500 SelectOne(TM) build standard with deliveries scheduled to begin in 2011.
The V2500 is available in seven different thrust settings, from 22,000 to 33,000 lbs., to power the Airbus A319, A320 and A321 family of aircraft as well as the A319 Corporate Jet.
The V2500 SelectOne(TM) build standard delivers an additional 1 percent fuel burn advantage, along with a corresponding reduction in CO2 emissions, and it improves time on-wing by up to 20 percent, compared to a standard V2500-A5. It is compliant with the most stringent CAEP/6 NOx standards. It entered service in October 2008.
IAE is a multinational aero engine consortium comprised of Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, the Japanese Aero Engines Corporation and MTU Aero Engines. There are more than 5,500 V2500s in service or on firm order around the world.
- Qatar seals $7.02 billion deal for French Rafale fighter jets
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- Open skies vs. closed economies: American aviation giants split over competing with Gulf airlines
- The sky is the limit: has the time come for air traffic control in the GCC?
- Etihad Airways announces largest ever fleet order to enable accelerated growth strategy
- Etihad Airways-airberlin B787 integration takes partnership to new level
- UN-chartered ship delivers fuel in Yemen
- Dubai Airshow closes with US $8.8 million Emirates CST contract
- ge aviation wins a total of us$10 billion in deals at 2007 dubai airshow