Prince Al-Waleed finances housing project for the poor
Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal built 1,000 homes in the Kingdom in 2003 as part of his humanitarian project for the poor. Homes were built in the provinces of Asir, Jizan, Medina, Jouf, Baha and Hail, reported the Saudi Embassy in Washington.
Prince Al-Waleed has committed to building 10,000 home over the next 10 years. He was the first to respond to Deputy Prime Minister and Commander of the National Guard Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz's call to eradicate poverty in Saudi Arabia.
The Prince was recently ranked fourth on Forbes' annual list of the World's Richest People. The Prince is said to have a net worth of $21.5 billion. He is the chairman of the Kingdom Holding Company (KHIG) with a paid-up capital of $211 million and an authorized capital of $400 million. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed ranks fourth on Forbes' richest people list
- Prince Al-Waleed pledges $5 million to Carter Humanitarian Center
- Prince Al-Waleed receives new Hungarian ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Prince Al-Waleed receives Tunisian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed receives Ambassador of Hungary