Prince Al-Waleed pledges $5 million to Carter Humanitarian Center
Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal has pledged one million dollars annually for the next five years to the Carter Center, a humanitarian organization founded by former US-President Jimmy Carter.
Prince Al-Waleed’s contribution will assist in disease eradication in Africa while focusing on entrepreneurial opportunities in the continent, according to a press release.
Prince Al-Waleed is ranked fifth on the Forbes billionaires’ list. Last year, he announced the establishment of a new Middle East hotel investment firm. The Kingdom Hotel Investment Group (KHIG) has a paid-up capital of $211 million and an authorized capital of $400 million. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Prince Al-Waleed finances housing project for the poor
- Bill Gates holds investment meeting with Saudi Prince Al-Waleed
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed ranks fourth on Forbes' richest people list
- Saudi billionaire Prince Al-Walid buys 49% stake in Lebanon’s LBC SAT
- Jackson asks Saudi Prince Al-Walid to underwrite defense against child abuse