Progress in development plans of mega industrial project in Bahrain discussed
Held under the patronage of Dr Hassan Fakhro, the Bahraini Minister of Industry, a seminar was convened Monday at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bahrain dedicated to reviewing the ongoing progress in development plans and activities for KFH-Bahrain’s recently announced US$1.5 billion (previous project costs estimated at US$1.3 billion) groundbreaking industrial project in Bahrain.
The project, being launched as a result of cooperation between KFH-Bahrain and the Ministry of Industry, is aimed at creating the region’s first combined petrochemical and power and water generation complex and was officially unveiled in September 2004 following the successful completion of feasibility studies (phase one project development).
The seminar covered in depth the fast developing plans and strategies for all technical, operational and financial aspects of the complex, which is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2008, and which will be designed according to the highest international safety and environmental standards and using the latest technologies.
- Mega projects and trends discussed at 6th MEED Annual Projects Conference 2010
- Bahrain's Industrial City to prop up economy with surplus jobs
- Bahrain: Mega residential and development project
- Bahrain's National Planning Development Strategies Project launched
- Bahrain to produce 1.5 bn worth in petchem power-houses index