Public transportation center opens in Riyadh
A new public transportation center was recently opened in Riyadh, connecting the Kingdom’s capital city to other parts of the country. The new terminal is expected to significantly ease travel for passengers commuting within the Kingdom, reports in Al-Hayat daily stated.
The project was constructed under the management of the Riyadh Development Company at a cost of 59 million Saudi riyals ($15.7 million). The 20,000 square meter complex consists of various terminals for domestic and international voyages, luggage storage facilities, parking lots and various other travel amenities.
Statistics reveal that 150,000 kilometers of paved and non-paved roads were constructed in Saudi Arabia by 1999. Investment in these roads totaled 140 billion Saudi riyals. ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Intelligent transport heading your way: Riyadh summit to focus on current "smart" rail projects
- Jordanian Integrated Technology Group participates in the International Exhibition and Forum for Public Education in Riyadh
- Logistics giant DHL opens $20.2 million state-of-the-art facility in Riyadh airport
- Riyadh to be converted into IT center
- Kuwait transportation minister opens Bahrain pavilion at Infoconnect 2009