Qatar Airways purchases two Bombardier ultra long-range business jets
Qatar Airways has purchased two Bombardier Global Express ultra long-range business aircraft and signed an option for two additional Global Express for regional and intercontinental VIP on-demand travel.
The aircraft will join Qatar Airways' Amiri VIP fleet, which currently includes high-end Airbus A340-200, A310-300, A320 and A319CJ aircraft. Three additional VIP aircraft, two A330-200 and an A340-500 will also shortly join the fleet.
The first Qatar Airways Global Express is scheduled for delivery in mid-2004, the second in late 2004, stated a press release. The aircraft will feature a 13-passenger, three-compartment configuration with a crew rest area. The Amiri Flight division of Qatar Airways will operate the aircraft from its base at Doha International Airport.
Over the past 12 months, Qatar Airways’ fleet of aircraft has grown from 18 to 27, and is projected for continued growth. Qatar Airways presently flies to 46 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, the Indian subcontinent and the Far East, and will offer flights to 60 destinations within the next two years. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Qatar Airways purchasing Bombardier Challenger(i) 300 super midsize business jet
- Comlux Purchases Two Global 7000 Jets
- Dubai air show on-site order book tops $3.5 billion
- Qatar Airways to operate A319 Long Range aircraft
- Profiteering off the Gulf's arms rush? US plans billion dollars arms sale to Saudi Arabia