Qatar airways seals historic deal with FC Barcelona
Qatar Airways has officially launched the start of its three-year partnership with FC Barcelona at an event held at Camp Nou in Barcelona.
The airline's partnership with FCB took effect from July 1 this year, said a statement from the Qatari national carrier.
Qatar Airways will work with FC Barcelona to create joint initiatives and will especially focus on connecting with the club's fans and also with underprivileged children to spread the love of the game to all corners of the globe, it added.
Addressing the media, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al-Baker, said: "The joining of FCB and Qatar Airways is truly history in the making. It is the first time we enter into such a landmark, significant sports partnership."
"We understand the importance of FCB to Catalonia, to Spain, and in fact - to every country around the world. It is a great honour to be standing side by side as you create and spread the excitement that this great game of football brings to fans," he stated in the presence of Sandro Rosell, the president of FC Barcelona and Javier Faus, the vice president of FC Barcelona Economic and Strategy Area.
Rosell said since its beginnings, FC Barcelona has been characterised by being not just a football organisation, but also a powerful force for globalisation, solidarity, integration and social cohesion.
Qatar Airways fully identifies with these values, which is why this partnership between both organisations is much more than just a simple economic alliance. Furthermore, Qatar Airways' partnership with FC Barcelona will help to position the airline in the world, he stated.
"We have a long journey ahead lasting three years in which we will share experiences, with a common starting point and goals," noted Rosell.
"Barça and Qatar Airways are united by many ideals, such as a passion to be better each day, the conviction that the human factor makes a difference and the integration of different cultures, but I would emphasize the desire we have to connect with people. And this desire leads us to want to be every day closer to our fans," he added.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- Qatar Airways to sponsor FC Barcelona
- Online petition demands Barcelona to cut ties with Qatar Airways
- Qatar Airways becomes Barcelona's shirt sponsors instead of Qatar Foundation
- Video: Qatar Airways launch campaign celebrating partnership with FC Barcelona
- FC Barcelona officials in Doha to re-negotiate Qatar Airways sponsorship deal