Qatar: Areva, Siemens Power win 10.3 million euro contract
Areva's Transmission and Distribution (T&D) division has won a 10.3 million euro contract with Siemens Power to supply five high-voltage gas-insulated switchgear bays for the Ras Laffan II power plant in Qatar.
Ras Laffan II will be composed of three gas turbine and two steam turbine power units, supplied by Siemens Power and four turnkey desalination units and facilities, supplied by Doosan to form a single integral power and desalination plant, said a press statement.
This contract follows previous high-voltage gas-insulated projects carried out by Areva T&D in Qatar including the supply of two high-voltage substations for the Ras Laffan I power plant.
The first three bays will be operational within 13 months and the remaining two within 16 months.
- Siemens wins 140-mln-euro power plant contract in United Arab Emirates
- Siemens wins big contract for three substations in Qatar
- Saudi Arabia: Siemens Power Generation receives orders for projects totaling EURO 120 million
- Siemens wins major orders from Qatar
- Colfax's Allweiler Business Awarded Euro 5 Million Fuel Injection Skid Order for Iraqi Power Plants