Qatar: Areva, Siemens Power win 10.3 million euro contract
Areva's Transmission and Distribution (T&D) division has won a 10.3 million euro contract with Siemens Power to supply five high-voltage gas-insulated switchgear bays for the Ras Laffan II power plant in Qatar.
Ras Laffan II will be composed of three gas turbine and two steam turbine power units, supplied by Siemens Power and four turnkey desalination units and facilities, supplied by Doosan to form a single integral power and desalination plant, said a press statement.
This contract follows previous high-voltage gas-insulated projects carried out by Areva T&D in Qatar including the supply of two high-voltage substations for the Ras Laffan I power plant.
The first three bays will be operational within 13 months and the remaining two within 16 months.
- Siemens secures power plant orders from Middle East totaling about EUR500 million
- Siemens Energy Group makes strides in the Gulf
- Siemens to deliver turnkey 400/132-kV substation to Dubai
- Siemens to expand power supply network in the United Arab Emirates
- France’s Areva wins €32 million contract to upgrade Algeria’s electrical network