Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- Qatar gets on the China bandwagon
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Qatar tightens cap on banks' securities investments
- Is the Chinese-Russian historic, $400 billion deal about to change the gas market forever?
- Emirates Money given licence to redefine consumer finance in the UAE