Qatar: DHL celebrates 25th anniversary of establishment
DHL, the world’s leading express and logistics solution provider, celebrated the 25th anniversary of its establishment in Qatar.
More than 1,000 guests attended the event at the Sheraton Doha Hotel.
Sheikh Faisal bin Qasem Al Thani and Sheikh Hassan bin Sultan Al Thani welcomed the guests with Phil Couchman, managing director of DHL Middle East, and Mark Jordan, country manager of DHL Qatar.
DHL, which opened its first office in Qatar with a skeleton staff employs now 75 persons and, operates a fleet of more than 20 trucks.
Last year, DHL Qatar doubled its road business and increased its total revenue by over 14 per cent against 2002, <i>The Peninsula</i> reported.
The company has recently announced a QR10m investment in operations. Jordan said DHL would be investing in its people, transportation, tracking and tracing technology, express service centres and offices, including increased warehousing space.
- DHL launches fourth outlet in Doha
- Saudi Build’s 25th Anniversary Dinner honors 70 companies
- ARAMEX outlines 25th anniversary celebration programme at regional roadshow launch
- Axis Communications, global market leader in the network video market1, celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2009
- Sheikh Ahmed presented with framed stamps issued by Emirates Post on Dubai Duty Free’s 25th anniversary