Qatar establishes Iraqi higher education fund
The government of Qatar has established a fund for higher education in Iraq, contributing $15 million as an initial grant. The fund will provide immediate and long-term assistance towards the reconstruction of Iraqi higher education, initially focusing upon university instruction in information technology, science, medicine, and engineering.
The fund will be jointly overseen by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Qatar grants $15 million to Iraq Higher Education Fund
- USAID grants UNICEF $12.6 million for Iraqi education scheme
- USAID grants $1 million to UNICEF for education services in Iraq
- Japan makes $1.5 billion contribution to Iraq reconstruction effort
- AUB Receives Research Collaborative Awards from the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF).