Qatar: Foundation stone laid for Ras Girtas Power Project
Qatar's Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani on Monday laid the foundation stone of Ras Girtas Power Project in Ras Laffan Industrial City, saying that it is a major strategic project, which will help Qatar meet its growing needs for energy. The project is the largest power and water plant in the country and one of the largest in the GCC region with a total capacity of 2730 MW of electricity and 63 MIGD of potable water.
The Qataris expect this project will achieve a balance between supply and demand for electricity and water and will have a surplus in the production of electricity which will make Qatar an exporter for such a vital products. The costs of the project are put at about US$3.9 billion.
- Qatar: Foundation stone laid for Pearl Gas to Liquids project
- Qatar-based power firm secures $572 million in project financing
- GIC acquires 10 percent stake of Ras Laffan power project
- Foundation stone laid for Dolphin Energy’s giant gas plant at Qatar’s Ras Laffan
- Saudi Arabia to build world's biggest desal plant