Representatives of both MOU partners will oversee the establishment of the joint partnership, including its governance processes. It is envisaged that the combination of Qatar Holding and Caisse des Dépôts in a partnership will create a resource pool that will boost the development of French SMEs.
Qatar set to invest in French SMEs
Caisse des Dépôts and Qatar Holding have announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to co-invest in small and medium enterprises (SME) based in France.
Under the terms of the MOU, a joint partnership will be established with €300 million of capital, according to a statement from Qatar Holding. Both MOU partners will each contribute to equity capital equally. It is expected that the partnership will invest in French SMEs engaged in sectors with high growth potential and where both Qatar Holding LLC and Caisse des Dépôts have common interests.
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?
- How a Middle Eastern bank fought off the global financial crisis and turned around
- The GCC's small businesses need to prepare themselves for bankcruptcy
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East