A milestone: Qatargas delivers first LNG shipment to China
Qatargas and CNOOC have an existing sales agreement signed in 2008 to supply a total of 2 million tonnes per annum (MTA) of LNG.
Qatargas delivered the first cargo of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to China National Oil Corporation's (CNOOC) Hainan LNG terminal located in the Hainan province, a company statement said on Monday.
The cargo arrived on August 8 on a Q-Max class LNG vessel and will be used to commission the new LNG terminal which CNOOC owns and will be operating soon, the statement added.
"This is an important milestone for Qatargas. We are very pleased that LNG from Qatar continues to contribute towards meeting the growing demand for energy in the People's Republic of China," said chief executive Khalid Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Qatargas and CNOOC have an existing sales agreement signed in 2008 to supply a total of 2 million tonnes per annum (MTA) of LNG. The first delivery of LNG from Qatar to China with CNOOC was made in October 2009.
"This is the third time Qatargas has provided a commissioning cargo for one of CNOOC's LNG receiving terminals and represents the sixth LNG receiving terminal overall in China to use LNG supplied by Qatargas for commissioning activities," the statement added.
Qatargas is the world's largest LNG producing company with a production capacity of 42 MTA.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Qatargas 3 and Qatargas 4 LNG projects break ground and target growing gas markets in the U.S.
- EPC Contract Awarded for two major LNG Projects –Qatar Petroleum, ConocoPhillips and Royal Dutch Shell in multi-billion dollar agreement
- Qatar to deliver 1.8 million tones a year of LNG to Taiwan
- First Qatari gas shipment received by C.M.S