Going for the gold-and silver: Doha opens online metal trading platform
Gold Holding, an investment holding company based in the Dubai International Financial Centre, has opened QGold, its Qatar-based subsidiary dedicated to online trading of physical gold and silver.
QGold was launched with an aim to focus on the fast-growing e-commerce sector, enabling investors to trade in physical bullion through its fully secured web-based trading system, said a statement.
The portal will enable investors to take care of their investments, keep a tab on prevailing prices as well as trade round-the-clock from anywhere in the world at international spot prices. It also guarantees purity and price of the product, along with secured delivery and reasonable service charges, it said.
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Nawaf Al Thani, chairman, said: “E-commerce is gradually picking up in the GCC and to harness its growing potential, we have launched our e-commerce entity – QGold.
“Through our secured web-based platform, we intend to take advantage of the growing adoption of digital technology to offer our account holders unique rewards in online bullion trading. We provide Qatar standard gold with certified packing which is acceptable all across the globe.”
The online bullion-trading channel provides a fully automated process, making it easier for new users to get familiar with it. It also offers facility for demo registration for mock trading.
Mohammed Abu Al Haj, managing director, said: “As value added services, we also provide research reports and statistics about the bullion market and the factors affecting the prices. These analyses will help our account holders to manage their investments and trading efficiently.”
- A precious vehicle banned: the emerging black market for Tuk-tuks in Egypt
- 'Halal-hysteria': the biggest issue facing the halal industry is a PR one
- No fluff: new subsidy cut may mean the end of Egyptian cotton
- An exercise in futility? UAE and Egypt bond over 'nonsensically' growing wheat in the desert
- Not getting off their back, yet: why activists still skeptical of GCC's band aid labour reforms
- Silver may outperform gold in near term
- DUBAI GOLD & COMMODITIES EXCHANGE (DGCX) OPEN FOR MEMBERSHIP
- A growth story across Middle East Cities as improving economic and travel backdrop, partnered with Mega Events, reinvigorates trading
- A recipe for success: Fresh from the oven, organizers bake a new & improved Cairo International Film Festival