‘Qatar will need over half-a-million workers’ - Labour minister
Qatar's Minister of State for Labour, HE Hissain Mullah, has said that Qatar’s economy will need more than half a million workers in the coming period.
He explained that the country will be implementing huge projects concerning infrastructure and preparations for World Cup 2022. Speaking at the ‘Qatar-Vietnam Business Forum’ along with his Vietnamese counterpart, the minister noted that Qatar aims to bring skilled workers that are able to contribute to the national development.
- What legal authority, though? Egypt resorts to private firms for campus security
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms