Qatar Telecom signs $25 million expansion agreement with Motorola
Qatar Telecom (Q-Tel has signed a $25 million Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications network infrastructure expansion deal with Motorola's Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS), stated a press release.
The GSM network, to be installed across Qatar's countrywide wireless system, includes Motorola's Horizon macro GSM 900/1800 MHz base stations. It will enable Q-Tel to provide its cellular subscribers with enhanced coverage and features. Commercial deployment began in June 2002.
Q-Tel was established in 1998, after the Qatar Public Telecommunications Corporation merged with the Qatar National Telephone Service, Cable and Wireless and the Telecommunications Department at the Ministry of Communications and Transport. The company recorded 323.2 million rials ($88.7 million) in revenues in the first quarter of 2002, an 18 percent rise compared with figures from the previous year. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Halal expansion: Zain Telecom secures $250 million islamic loan
- EFG-Hermes signs Qatari joint venture - Agreement signals the expansion of EFG-Hermes’ operations into Qatar
- MTC-Vodafone and Motorola sign $19 million expansion deal
- Fastlink signs $29 million GSM expansion deal with Motorola
- Motorola Executive Delivers WiMAX Keynote at 8th Arab Telecoms and Internet Conference in Muscat