$218m twin towers contract awarded
The twin towers are expected to be finished in 2016
United Development Company (UDC), the developer behind Qatar's man-made Pearl island project, said it has signed a QR795 ($218 million) contract with a leading Qatari construction company to build the two Abraj Quartier AQ01 and AQ02 Gateway Office towers at The Pearl-Qatar.
Abraj Quartier is one of the ten precincts that make up The Pearl-Qatar Island.
Standing high at around 201 meters on opposite sides of the main access road to The Pearl-Qatar, the two 40-storey towers will boast a build up area of more than 230,000 sq m, said the company in its statement.
The construction works commenced on February 15 and is expected to be completed by the end of January 2016.
Describing the contract as a major step forward for the Island, UDC chief executive officer Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti said: “These towers will set the standard for the development in terms of quality and architectural articulation for exterior material and finishes and will feature comprehensive smart systems.”
Abraj Quartier is one of the ten precincts that make up The Pearl-Qatar Island. Developed by United Development Company, the Island is located 350 meters offshore of Doha’s prestigious West Bay District and is one of the largest urban developments in the Gulf.
- 'Selective softening': How Dubai's stabilizing property prices are in no way inclusive
- Abu Dhabi's Louvre: how far has it come and how far will it go?
- Saudi Arabia is getting creative about tacking its housing shortage
- Call it twisted, but it's actually cheaper to buy than rent property in Dubai
- Crowded by Gulf wealth? Locals forced out of London's property investment
- Hydra properties officially launches iconic twin towers project at Jumeirah village, Dubai
- Saba Groups awards $46 million construction contract to Dutch Foundation
- Torresol Energy launches commercial operations of twin solar thermal plants in Spain
- Drake & Scull International awarded AED 158 million contract for MEP works on St. Regis Hotel and Residences Project in Amman