Qatari Diar to develop luxury Malaysian resort
Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company has launched a new luxury beachside resort in the Sultanate of Terengganu in Malaysia, a report said.
The luxury spa and resort will be managed by Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts. It will consist of 210 rooms, 20 villas, 20 condominiums and nine luxury pavilions, said the Gulf Times report.
The resort, for which construction has commenced, is scheduled to open in early 2016.
The new resort will provide a luxury base for visitors to explore the world-renowned beaches, islands and spectacular countryside as well as to experience the hospitality and culture for which Terengganu is famous for, the report said.
The project is a 50:50 joint venture between Qatari Diar and Eclipse Portfolio.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis