Qatari Diar to develop luxury Malaysian resort
Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company has launched a new luxury beachside resort in the Sultanate of Terengganu in Malaysia, a report said.
The luxury spa and resort will be managed by Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts. It will consist of 210 rooms, 20 villas, 20 condominiums and nine luxury pavilions, said the Gulf Times report.
The resort, for which construction has commenced, is scheduled to open in early 2016.
The new resort will provide a luxury base for visitors to explore the world-renowned beaches, islands and spectacular countryside as well as to experience the hospitality and culture for which Terengganu is famous for, the report said.
The project is a 50:50 joint venture between Qatari Diar and Eclipse Portfolio.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Dh400m Thai-style resort planned on 'The World'
- Qatari DIAR Acquires 50% Stake in MAIA Luxury Resort and Spa in Mahé, Seychelles
- Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company launches Fox Hills
- TASWEEK expands hospitality investment with construction of third luxury villa in Malaysian ‘Casabrina’ joint venture
- QATARI DIAR AND SUDAN SIGN MAJOR DEVELOPMENT DEAL