Qatari minister denies bourse claims
Qatar's Minister of Economy and Commerce, Sheikh Mohamed bin Ahmed Al Thani, has denied that the government was behind the drop of the Doha Securities Market (DSM) since it wants to control inflation. "The Doha Securities Market (DSM) is in no way linked to inflation, so why monitor it to control inflation," the minister was quoted as saying by the Peninsula.
It should be mentioned that Qatari shares lost heavily last month with the 20-share index shedding more than 1,900 points.
- Qatari government set to take action against inflation
- Doha Securities Market up by 8.85% following government purchase decision
- Qatar: Housing sector lifts inflation
- Qatar: New plot to be purchased for Doha Securities Market
- Qatar: High rents and rising costs of building materials responsible for inflation