Qatar's GDP set to hit US$ 70 billion by 2010
According to Qatar Central Bank figures, the country's GDP is set to hit US$ 70 billion by 2010. Energy is expected to remain the main force in the economy, as it captured for 62% of Qatar's GDP in 2005.
meanwhile, according to that data, spending on energy and non-energy projects in the GCC will hit some US$ 945 billion. Some US$376 billion will be allocated to infrastructure development over the next 10 years, while energy projects will get the second largest investment hitting some US$ 242 billion.
- $1b residential community to be developed by Energy City Qatar
- Dh500 billion investment expected in Abu Dhabi
- Qatar Petroleum to Invest $20.6 billion into new projects over the next five years
- Qatar’s USD 5.6 billion real estate market expected to grow 7 per cent in 2010
- Qatar: Master planners and architects for Energy City selected