Radisson SAS takes over of the InterContinental Hotel Dubai
Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts, the first-class brand of Brussels-based Rezidor SAS Hospitality, has taken over the management of the InterContinental Hotel Dubai, the emirate’s oldest five-star property in the heart of the city’s business district. The hotel opened over three decades ago and is an established landmark on the Deira Creekside.
This is the brand’s third hotel in the UAE and there are another three properties under development in the Emirates including a hotel on the The Palm, Jumeirah.
“The Deira Creek property is vital to our regional expansion strategy. It is one of the emirate’s most prominent hotels and gives our brand high visibility with tourists and businesses” said Jean-Marc Busato, Vice President Middle East, Rezidor SAS Hospitality.
“Dubai continues to grow in stature as a regional business and leisure hub and it’s important that Radisson SAS is part of that. With 15 successful hotels in eight countries currently operating in the Middle East, we are in a position for growth here.”
Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek has 287 guest-rooms, including 39 suites, 16 food and beverage outlets as well as extensive meeting and events facilities.
“This is a significant milestone for the brand and we look forward to sharing our Radisson SAS values including our ‘Yes I Can!’ spirit of service and 100% guest satisfaction guarantee with staff and guests,” said Andreas Fluckiger, General Manager, Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek. “This property is popular with business travellers and the GCC leisure market and we will continue to target these segments.”
Rezidor SAS also plans to introduce its multi-brand portfolio in the Middle East, which will see additional properties across four brands – Radisson SAS, Park Inn, Regent and Missoni – by 2010.
- rezidor gears up for record-breaking 2008; Group looking to swell MEA portfolio representation to 17% by 2009
- intercontinental hotels group appoints new general manager at intercontinental abu dhabi
- Rezidor takes over resorts in Lebanon and UAE
- InterContinental Hotels Group strengthens its senior management in the Middle East and Africa with a series of new appointments
- InterContinental Hotels Group to open opening of three properties at Dubai Festival City