Radisson scales up Saudi presence
Radisson Hotels & Resorts, which entered the Saudi Arabian market in November with the opening of a 183-roomed hotel in Yanbu, now has its flag flying over two more properties in the Kingdom – this time in Jeddah and Riyadh.
The Scandinavian hotel chain has taken over the management of former Hyatt properties in Jeddah and Riyadh. Both hotels will now undergo extensive renovation and Radisson says Saudization will be one of its main business priorities.
Currently some 410 staff work in the three Radisson properties in Jeddah, Riyadh and Yanbu. Refurbishment of both the Radisson Jeddah and the Radisson Riyadh will begin almost immediately.
The Radisson Hotel, Riyadh, which is in the center of the Saudi Arabian capital close to government offices and the business district, has 317 rooms and suites and 1,330 square meters of meeting and banquet facilities.
The Radisson Hotel, Jeddah, has 292 guest rooms, including 38 suites. Centrally located, the property is close to the international airport, the International Exhibition Center and Jeddah Chamber of Commerce.
Radisson Hotels & Resorts currently includes 119 locations in operation and 41 under development in 39 countries and is the sole franchiser in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa for Radisson Hotels & Resorts. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Emaar Property Services joins hands with Hamptons International to scale up property services globally
- Radisson refurbishes Saudi properties
- Al-Mousa Medical Center undergoes extensive renovation
- Radisson expands Middle East and Africa operations regional reservations center
- Saraya Jordan unveils its first large-scale development project in Jordan