RAK Ceramics awarded Dubai International Airport contract
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramics manufacturer, has announced that it has been awarded the contract for the Dubai International Airport Phase II Expansion Project that involves a terminal for the Airbus A380 fleet. The contract includes the supply of more than 100,000 square meters of tiles of various dimensions, which will be used in the tunnels, on the bathroom walls and floor, and also as floor tiles in different areas of the terminal.
Dubai International Airport Phase II Expansion Project involves the provision of additional facilities to accommodate the growing airport traffic, which is expected to cater for over 70 million passengers and 3.5 million tonnes of cargo per year. The Phase II Expansion project includes new facilities to accommodate this rapid growth of both passengers and cargo, and includes – in addition to the terminal for Airbus A380 – new buildings, airfield and ancillary facilities. It also involves the relocation and expansion of certain existing facilities and the construction of new support facilities.
“RAK Ceramics had earlier supplied tiles to the Dubai Airport Free Zone and during the Dubai Airshow and the quality of our products was highly appreciated by the authorities at Dubai Airport, which was a key factor that helped us win this important contract. Moreover, RAK Ceramics has a long history of supplying its range of award-winning tiles to major landmarks across the UAE and beyond,” said Dr. Khater Massaad, CEO, RAK Ceramics.
“Moreover, Dubai International Airport, which is one of busiest airports in the region, adopts stringent safety and quality standards, and the fact that RAK Ceramics was awarded the contract for the airport’s latest expansion project is a testament to our relentless commitment to excellence and quality,” he added.
Specialising in high-quality ceramic wall and floor tiles, Gres Porcellanato, and sanitary ware, RAK Ceramics uses more than 6,000 production models, with new designs added almost every week to its product portfolio. The company's latest creations include "Elegance Ceramics" and "RAKSLIM." Elegance Ceramics is a high-fashion brand that caters to the needs and modern demands of a high-value niche market. RAKSLIM, on the other hand, is a new brand of 4.5-millimetre thick tile that sets a new industry benchmark in thickness, strength, cost and ease of use.
RAK Ceramics is a USD 1 billion global conglomerate in the ceramic industry that exports its products to over 150 countries, targeting architects, project developers and retail customers.
- The Syrian influx and the child labor problem in Jordan
- Time to face the fundemantals: GCC economies need fiscal reform to handle oil price volatility
- Contours of US-Iranian nuclear deal shaping up
- Perfect timing? France to ink controversial jet sale to Egypt as Cairo bombs IS
- Erdogan's 'unorthodox' views spark fear for Turkish economy
- RAK Ceramics receives certification by Environment Protection and Development Authority
- RAK Ceramics receives ‘Best In Managing Health At Work Award’ at Asian Leadership Awards 2011
- RAK Ceramics wins Market Leadership at Asian Leadership Awards
- RAK Ceramics wins ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award at 2nd Middle East Business Leaders Summit & Awards