Rakeen completes 80 per cent of infrastructure work on Ras Al Khaimah's Al Marjan Island
Rakeen, one of the region's most dynamic property developers and master planners, has announced that it has completed 80 per cent of infrastructure work on Al Marjan Island, the first-of-its-kind man-made island in Ras Al Khaimah, and is on track for its targeted completion date in 2012. Rakeen further revealed that infrastructure services such as potable water system, irrigation system, storm water system, rising main system and vacuum system will be ready by the time the first development projects on the island are completed.
Phase 1 of the infrastructure work, consisting of Peninsula Island No. 1 and 2, was awarded to Kumho Industrial from South Korea, which started construction work in September 2008. Phase 2, consisting of Peninsula Island 3 and 4, was awarded to Italian contractor Rizzani De Eccher and work commenced in November 2009.
Yahia Kambris, Technical Director, Rakeen, said: "Construction work has progressed according to schedule and we are on track to complete all infrastructure work in 18 months. The first development projects to be completed on the island will then be able to hook up to the infrastructure services and enjoy various amenities on the island. As we enter the final stretch of construction work, there has been a growing excitement among future residents of Al Marjan Island as various sections of the prestigious development now begin to take shape. In line with Rakeen's core values of sustainability, responsibility and prosperity, Al Marjan Island is being developed to be one of the most attractive communities in the region with a serene and optimised living environment that provides a perfect balance between life and work."
The US$ 1.8 billion (AED 6.6 billion) Al Marjan Island, one of the major projects of Rakeen, consists of five man-made coral-shaped islands, covering over 2.7 million square metres and extending up to 4 kilometres into the Arabian Gulf.
- A burst bubble? Dubai property set to drop in 2015 as currency adds to woes
- Construction meets Sharia: settling disputes the Saudi way
- Six savvy tips for choosing a real estate agent
- 'Selective softening': How Dubai's stabilizing property prices are in no way inclusive
- Abu Dhabi's Louvre: how far has it come and how far will it go?
- Rakeen completes structural work and block work on Bab Al Bahr
- Rakeen to commence Phase Two of infrastructure work on Al Marjan Island in August 2009
- Rakeen completes piling and cut-off works of key building projects within Bab Al Bahr as superstructure work gets underway
- Rakeen launches AED 1.2 billion Bab Al Bahr luxury resort in Ras Al Khaimah