Rakeen completes structural work and block work on Bab Al Bahr
Rakeen, one of the region's most dynamic property developers and master planners, has announced that structural work and block work of the Bab Al Bahr project, the centrepiece development of Al Marjan Island, the first man-made island in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, are 100 per cent complete, while craftsmen have already started working on the external plaster work. Rakeen further revealed that the project remains firmly on schedule with the first wave of six residential buildings to be delivered within the year and various infrastructure facilities expected to be completed in time for the handover.
Bab Al Bahr serves as a gateway to Al Marjan Island, a fully integrated island community that is destined to be a major landmark in Ras Al Khaimah. Upon completion, Bab Al Bahr will comprise 328 studio apartments, 420 one-bedroom apartments, 172 two-bedroom apartments and 72 three-bedroom apartments.
Yahia Kambris, Technical Director, Rakeen, said: "Bab Al Bahr is set to be Ras Al Khaimah’s most exquisite, tranquil and naturally breathtaking beachfront address, bringing alive our vision to create the finest in island living. With the excellent pace of construction work, excitement has certainly been building up among all stakeholders of the project, particularly the future home owners of Bab Al Bahr, as the entire community gradually and steadily takes shape by the day."
"Rakeen remains firmly committed to adhere to the project schedule and we are thrilled to announce that we are nearing handover of six residential buildings. In line with this, key infrastructure facilities are being constructed ahead of schedule and will be ready in time for the handover," added Kambris.
Bab Al Bahr offers a range of luxurious amenities, including a 180-degree sea view, 560-metre private beach, gym facilities, underground car parking, ample children's play areas, and hotel and club privileges. Bab Al Bahr is the inaugural development project on Al Marjan Island, while leading regional and international developers are likewise building other high-profile projects on the prestigious integrated island development.
- The $200 billion boom and slave labour: the realities Qatar must come to terms with
- This times it's North Koreans! Modern-day slavery still 'rampant' in Qatar
- The Dubai Tram: A good ride for Marina property prices or not?
- The other side of the economic 'miracle': 65% of Dubai residents forced to relocated due to exploding rents
- Why does Emaar not want anything to do with Lebanon?
- Rakeen completes piling and cut-off works of key building projects within Bab Al Bahr as superstructure work gets underway
- Rakeen to launch Bab Al Bahr’s sophisticated shopping and office elements during Arabian Travel Market 2008
- Rakeen launches AED 1.2 billion Bab Al Bahr luxury resort in Ras Al Khaimah
- Rakeen proceeds with construction of residential component of Bab Al Bahr mixed-use development