Record foreign participation at Tripoli trade fair
The 30th holding of Libya’s Tripoli International Trade Fair started on an optimistic note, with 34 countries marking a record representation, thanks to the lifting of sanctions imposed against Libya over the Lockerbie aircraft bombing.
The European Union showed strong presence at the fair, with 74 participants from Italy, 66 from France, 40 from the United Kingdom and 33 from Germany. European companies operate in a variety of Libyan sectors, including machine tools, furniture, oil, petro-chemistry, motor vehicles, clothing, banking and maritime transport services.
Arab countries were also strongly represented, with large delegations turning out from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Syria. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- International Autumn Trade Fair 2005 records Growth of 5 per cent; Trade Buyer Turnout Set to Increase
- Fourth Arab Trade Fair opens in Tripoli
- Iraq trade fair attracts Indian participation
- Baghdad Trade Fair Draws Record Turnout in Decade of Embargo
- Sanctions-hit Iraq revels in record turnout for Baghdad international trade fair 2000