Redington to distribute Compaq’s products in the UAE
Compaq has appointed distributor Redington Gulf to handle the circulation of its Information Technology (IT) consumer products, including iPAQs and Presario desktops and notebooks, within the United Arab Emirates (UAE), reported a company press release.
According to International Data Corporation (IDC), the retail and consumer IT market in the UAE grew by more than 20 percent in 2001, while the overall PC market in the UAE expanded by more than 30 percent compared to the year 2000.
Redington Gulf began operations in 1997 and has offices in Dubai and Jebel Ali as well as branches in most countries around the region. It is the IT arm of the Singapore-headquartered Kewalram Chanrai group of companies, which is a large conglomerate with diverse business interest in commodities, IT, textiles and automobiles with turnover exceeding $1.75 billion.
Redington’s core business is distribution of global brands covering Far East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and Africa. Aiming to increase its market share and expanding its geography in the Middle East and Africa, Redington Middle East is currently covering UAE, Iran, Egypt, KSA, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, and West Africa markets. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Compaq restructures Middle East operations
- McAfee Expands Distribution Network by Appointing Redington
- Canon extends distribution partnership with Redington in Gulf
- Redington Gulf signs new distribution agreement for Juniper Networks in Middle East & Africa
- Cisco recognizes Redington Gulf as “Distribution Partner Of The Year”